"Home is where your story begins..."

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Faking it

If you're going to fake it, make it believable. I absolutely adore fresh cut flowers. They always add something to a room and to one's mood. They add life! That's what it is... life. In the colour, the texture, the scent...
Since moving back to Lagos I've realised that fresh cut flowers are not always an option though. Getting the perfect arrangement without any wilting roses or sad lilies is a bit of a tall order and where you can find it, it costs a lot more than a few bob! When I did the figures and calculated how much my weekly flower fix would cost me in a year I decided to spend it on new shoes instead and the rest on some gorgeous silk roses that look just as real as if I'd flown them in this morning. Sometimes I even make bouquets with a combination or fresh and artificial flowers.
So yes, I do understand why lots of people opt for artificial flowers and plants. What I do not understand or condone is the plastic stuff that looks so fake it wouldn't fool a blind man. What's with the blue plastic roses? Purple lilies? Seriously!


No comments:

Post a Comment